DRAKE DESIGN LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTURE
Water Conservation Services
• Rainwater Harvesting:
Drake Design Associates was the lead designer on the collaborative team that was awarded the Purissima Hills Water District Conservation Contest. (Los Altos Hills, CA.)
Project Design features:
- 20k Gallon Underground Rainwater Collection System beneath driveway for Landscape Irrigation
- Bioswales and Rain Gardens to collect all runoff on site.
- Permeable Paver System Driveways and Patios.
- 80% CA Native and Other Drought Tolerant Plants.
- State of the art Drip and Subsurface Irrigation System with ET Controller and Flow Monitor.
Did you know that you can save up to 50% or more of your household's annual water usage by using a rain water harvesting system, or by reclaiming your gray water from your washing machine, bath and shower, and recycling it as landscape irrigation? With so many environmental and economic changes and challenges these days, our design team is poised to develop cost saving strategies to decrease the amount of fresh water used in your home and garden.
• Storm Water Management:
Water from rooftops, parking areas, plazas and streets can be slowed down, filtrated and percolate back to the water table, or simply cleansed before entering a storm drain system, by using permeable paving solutions, and bio-filtration planters, swales and retention ponds.
Please ask us about our intelligent water saving solutions!
Rainwater underground tank